Our residency program welcomes applications from International Medical Graduates (IMGs). However all IMG applicants must adhere to the following requirements, in addition to the eligibility requirements described on the “Application Info” page.
- Graduated from an approved medical school within the last 3 years
- ECFMG certification is required by start of residency
- Pass the Clinical Skills Assessment (CSA) prior to rank order list deadline
- Your medical school must be recognized by the Medical Board of California.
- Check the “California List” to see if you are eligible.
- You must have at a minimum six months of clinical rotations in the United States, including hands-on clinical experience and sub-intern rotations (Observerships do not count towards hands-on experience).
- At least two letters of recommendation must be from clinical rotations in the United States
- US citizenship, legal residency certification (green card) or eligibility for a J-1 visa through the ECFMG*
*The Sea Mar Marysville FMR is willing to accept visas for non-US IMGs. We only do this for applicants participating in the ECFMG Exchange Visitor Sponsorship Program.