Quality Improvement Project
- All residents complete a QI project during PGY2
- PGY2s identify a problem and test an intervention to solve the problem
- PGY2s present their QI idea in August at the annual QI Shark Tank where QI royalty is chosen!
- PGY2s get administrative time to meet regularly with their QI Advisor from July – February to complete their QI projects
- PGY2s present their completed project at the Sea Mar All Provider Meeting in April where they share their work with other Sea Mar clinics to improve the quality of the organization.
- Residents are encouraged and supported to present at other regional, state, and national conferences.
- All residents complete and present/publish a scholarly project before graduation.
- Residents identify and complete a project to match their interests.
- Residents have published journal articles, created curricula, presented at the hospital’s Grand Rounds Morbidity and Mortality conference, and completed original research projects.
- All residents complete a community project or projects based on their interest.
- Residents are supported by their advisor in the completion of these projects.
- Examples of completed community projects include:
- Residents won a scholarship to establish Walk with a Doc at Sea Mar.
- Serving as guest speakers at local schools to discuss health issues and careers in health care.
- Participating in advocacy days at the state capitol and Sea Mar’s Latino Legislative Day.
- Volunteering at homeless and migrant clinics.
- Serving as the in-house physician for a temporary shelter in Snohomish County during the COVID 19 pandemic.
Click HERE for up to date resident and faculty scholarly work